Sunday, May 4, 2008

Single Review and Update of May 4th


First off... Bow Wow... ok, as we all know, Bow Wow has really been stepping his game up on features and song making, in what seems to be him adopting TI and Wayne's flow... which actually I don't mind, Wayne doesn't really rap like that any more any way and I still enjoy it, so if Bow Wow wants to take it while Wayne embarks on his singing career... go head... I was starting to accept it... but now Bow Wow has taken it too damn far... some one please tell me why...



Ok, now to TI... you know what? I actually like his new single... its a great single to return on to show his maturity, not only in the industry as the "King" but also after such an immature decision was made earlier this year, or late last year... whenever... but yeah... TI is really talking about something on this song... I was just so tired of him being called the King of the South and all this and all he had to offer was "What You Know About That" and well idk, I actually don't know any other singles off top... but yeah... Urban Legend was actually the last album I rocked with... and King and Ti vs TIP were overrated to me... I expected so much more after Urban Legend... but I guess he couldn't have gotten here without those two albums, but this is where he should of picked up after that to me... (And I heard he is going at Shawty Lo on the song... I don't know though, Shawty says they have the same kind of guns... I hope they didn't take all of TI's away... just playing... Keep it on wax... or better yet dont even waste your time... LiL Flip is almost a better opponnet... but then again I don't know Shawty's street cred... He could be heavy, I ain't from ATL... but I bet DEY KNOW...)



2 pistols, got damn... I didn't even care about him at first, I actually thought it was two people that were gonna be one hit wonders... which actually still might happen... but, he actually has some other good singles and songs behind him... dude doesn't seem to really like doing hooks... and I don't hear much lyrics in his verse that stick out... but he is decent and seems to fit well on those hot songs... idk if his A&R, Producer, or him or whoever picks his tracks... but they are hot... he seems to follow the hot trends but maximizes the track... he gets a hot Tpain hook and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. Leauge beat... "She Got It," and does a lot more than just show up... even in his verse he has little hooks and things for people to remember... (wedding ring) then he has "Candy Coated Diamonds" ft. Fergie... he has a song with Sean Kingston, one with Ray J and then there is my personal favorite right now...



Souljaboy... this dude is becoming the General of Mass Promotions and the internet... and I'm glad it's on purpose and not an accident... I have a lot of respect for dude because he knows his fanbase... and he knows exactly where to find them... on the internet, the club or somewhere in the world using an iPod... Soulja is smart... next album is already being worked on... Lets see what he does and if he gets the sales people don't think he deserves (He deserves to go barely platinum... he puts his work in, single after single)...



And also on the song of the summer... "Lollipop"... here is what has been going on... To tell the truth, looking past the lyrics and the expectations of the "Best Rapper Alive" the Lollipop single is not that bad... I had just expected more and a different direction, but this is a business and this will get Wayne paid... and I honestly don't think anyone would of been able to take music in that direction like Wayne... but who knows... here are a few Wayne remixes for Lollipop and the Love In This Club Remix that has a super lazy Wayne verse







Aight... That's 5 Singles... I am going to be back soon with the 5 top artists I want to hear more from this summer... Also, if you want me to touch on something, want my opinion or have an interview you think would be interesting for this page, hit me up...

0 comments: