Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Top 5 Hot things to me in the Industry


I feel like doing a list... I like when other people do lists, so I am going to do one...


Top 5 things that I think are hot right now:

Hit R&B Songwriters Coming Out of Nowhere With Raw Albums:

I'm talking about those hit songs performed by different artists that sound nothing alike except for one reoccurring adlib, or the songs all produced by the same person with the same themes that everyone’s kind of loves, but then your reading your favorite interview site and this nobody is talking about how he wrote all those songs, and sometimes co produced them... Your sitting their like yeah right till he drops his myspace links and he has six songs of the same quality but better... a month later the first song that played on his myspace is all over the radio and when you buy the album 3 months later you like damn... he told us this was going to be raw, I didn't believe him...

Young People Getting on Their Grown and Sexy:

You see this everywhere, young people (Mainly your 80's babies) stepping into a nice pair of jeans, nice shoes and a sweater... Good look... sometimes they have a tie... that Terrance J kid from 106 & Park pulls it off nicely... I like how he dresses...
And its not just about the clothes, the lyrics of the music is growing up between some of these artists also, I mean I'm probably going to blame that on Jay-Z, Kanye and Lupe mainly... even though Lupe is the youngest, he is the most impressive... because he is actually young... I mean check his video... not only grown, but sexy (Check the lovely lady riding with him in the limo)... I mean all this immature mixtape music is cool, fun, and necessary, but at the same time it is easy and repetitive... anyone can do it, and everyone does... except a few talented artists...


Artful Dodgers:

I personally love artful dodgers, from the jeans to the sweaters and back around... they seem to have elegantly combined the urban youth appeal with that cool, executive look so well... check em out, I really want to see what they do now that I heard Jay-Z owns a part in the company (Even though I think Rocawear copied Rock & Republic and other lines slightly)... If I were to come out with a clothing line it would be somewhat like Artful Dodger, but nothing like it... o wait, I am developing a clothing line...

Florida:

From producers to artists, pretty much every artist on them Dj Khaled albums... just straight entertaining, hot music... they are a force... why? Because they have unity... and talent... but mainly the unity is undeniable... but so are the beats being produced by The Runners, J Rock and Cool & Dre... unstoppable... I hope they only get better and other cities learn from them, not copy, but learn...


This Blog Dammit:

Why wouldn't this blog be # 1? Like let’s be foreal... look around....




Honorable mentions:

Steve Morales Beats - For those who don't know, Steve did Fab's Diamonds in my damn chain, Birdman's Pop Bottles and Gimmie Dat for Wayne... and for those who did know... he also did tracks for Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias.

Kim Kardashian (and I guess sex tapes too, or are they playing out?) - we all like a good sextape with someone we barely know and is just begging for attention... Leaked sextapes are the new magazine interviews and auditions for reality TV... just ask Paris and Kim...

Lil Wayne and T-pain features - Lil Wayne was everywhere... whether yall liked him or as a person, Wayne consistently brought entertaining lyrics to every mixtape and song, regardless the genre, but if you really wanted to do big or something different (until everyone else did it), you went out and got a T-pain hook... but keep in mind Kanye had both on his album... which track did bigger? Exactly...

Getting arrested - you know who got arrested... I'm not even going to make them more famous for that... ( I hate this )

And any artist that deals with my management company seriously in any way - 2 Different, DZA da Don, A-Day, Terrell Hooks, Darnelle Dollaz and Kanye West... aight... I'm just hoping about Kanye West... but hey the other artists are real hot... and everyone else that deals with Ghost Money Management...

Holla back on what you think...

-Ghost Da Hustla

0 comments: