Monday, February 4, 2008

ANIMAL STEELE Interview...


Here is the latest interview by my brand new potna, Animal Steele... this dude is real interesting and I'm really glad I got a chance to interview him and get to know him... hopefully we get some work in together soon... and also, a lot of people have been passing me interviews, so I'm gonna gon and make this interview week... stay posted...


Animal Steele:




What's your Name and what do you do?

My name is Animal Steele and I'm a consultant. I have a firm called The Option To Buy LLC and I do strategic marketing, cross branding, and A&R direction.

Have you read my blog before (Ghostdahustla.blogspot.com)?

Yes. It's something that everyone NEEDS to subscribe to.

What do you think of the blog and the concept in all?

The blog and concepts are cutting edge. It's only a matter of time before a major news corp tries to buy into the success.

How did you get your start in what it is that you do?

I started out in the business as an artist. I was in a group with now production heavyweights Midi-Mafia and Dangerous LLC. While I was doing that my day job was head buyer for the hottest store in New York City S&D's (S&D Underground). Those experiences lead to me handling all the administrative and creative duties for both entities. So I ended up in the showrooms with Donnatella Versace in the daytime and then sessions with Just Blaze and Roc-A-Fella artists by nightfall.

Who are some of the biggest artist/celebrities you've worked with?

I've worked with many major artists but my favorite were Kanye West, Fabolous, and John Legend whom I've had the pleasure of working with on all different occasions. It's a totally diffferent experience when you enjoy the music as well.

What are some of your favorite songs/albums out right now, and why?

I'm feeling The-Dream's album a lot right now. The song patterns, words, melodies, and concepts are genius. If "Nikki" is the next single he will be a smash. I haven't heard any commercial hip-hop releases recently that inspired me besides the latest efforts from Freeway, Beanie Sigel and Ghostface. If those records were properly promoted the rap game would been on a path to major recovery right now.

Tell me something crazy you experienced in this industry...

Anything I say may be used against me.... lol!!

Do you have any advice for me in becoming a major label A&R?

Get in the system anyway you can and work towards your main goal, even if it's interning.

Will you remember my name 5 years from now?

Yeah you're unstoppable

5 mins from now?

Lol!! But ofcourse.

Who else do you know that you could introduce to me to interview?

Sickamore, Rich Hil, Essay Chayzee, and DJ Bijal.


What else you wanna tell my blog readers?

Look out for Freck Billionaire Street Family's Finest, and the hottest brand out of Hong Kong and Japan Diamond Headz


Preciate ya... Be sure to tell everyone you know about me and the blog... keep checking up on it... Good luck to you and whatever you do in the future...

0 comments: