Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fashion "Week-End"...


Ok, yeah, yeah, yeah... I know... it’s supposed to be "Fashion Week"... I been busy... real busy... so this is what it is... it’s going to be "Fashion Week-end"... I'm just going to give a few tips on dressing in this music industry... What fashion items I think are hot and who can dress...

Last week, Friday was "Rip the Runway"... I didn't even get a chance to watch it ( But since I was supposed to post this last night, I watched the re run this morning…) ... I love watching this BET show every year because it shows how close Hip hop and Fashion have grown together... I am a real big fan of fashion, High and Low... I may not be the richest to dress how I want, but I have a few nice garments in my closet... Now one of my artists/potnas asked me late last year what do I think the trend will be for next year clothing... two years ago it was "Dope boy/Hoody" era, then came the "Rock Star" era and now I told him I believe it will be the "Grown Man/Executive" era... I mean look around... everyone is getting on their grown man and putting on sweaters, collar shirts and a nice pair of jeans... I mean it takes a lot more than a polo now a days to compete... See but what I like is how certain clothing lines are taking this idea and twisting it... having fun with dressing grown...



Now one of the reasons I like this grown man thing is because I'm on the business side of this music, so it only makes sense that I dress a little more professional, now if your an artist, U can dress a little more down or mix the Rock Star and Grown Man... You know who does a good job of dressing like this? Rocko, Mr. "Imma Do Me", and Jim Jones and Juelz in the "Love Me No More" video... See but Dipset has always been trendsetters... and I appreciate them for this... but if you’re a top artist, you have to dress accordingly... Artists like Kanye West, Akon, Andre 3000 and Pharell need to keep setting the bar for our wardrobes...







See as a young urban community, we need nice dressed individuals to look up to so that we will want to have a better appearance for our self... now is the time we take control and responsibility... we need to rise and do a lot better for our self... we are about to get a president who looks like us, and listens to what we listen to... it shows that someone high up cares about us.. No more excuses... lets get on our game and be the rich people... but back to fashion...



I also like that "Nerd" look and the "Lumberjack" look... its hot... I know ya’ll remember Chris Brown's "Kiss Kiss" video... but you know who is taking the grown man style too far? T-Pain... why does he now wear a top hat? If I see anyone else wearing a top hat, I'm slapping it off... clear cross the room... real talk... go hop on top a wedding cake with that... the only reason Pain can do it is because he's a genius... same reason Einstein didn't comb his nappy ass hair...



More talk coming soon… step your closet up… visit www.Drjays.com or www.Karmaloop.com to start with…

-Ghost Da Hustla

0 comments: