Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Night Wisdom...


via www.xxlmag.com

Blog of Billy X. Sunday - ATL Rap Nerd Roundtable…




If every visit to Atlanta allowed me to break bread with these brothers I might consider relocating down here. Atlanta’s Hip-Hop scene, ne, music scene is filled with people who are passionate about the arts. Success isn’t determined simply by making a living, but making a living on your own terms. If I ever accused every southern artist of being a fan of snap, crackle and pop music then I have to eat my words.

Last night I sat with four dudes who each occupy their own respective lanes within the entertainment industry. Some are musicians, some are bloggers, and all are critics. Having an opinion and being unafraid to express it allows for a high level of discourse.

The conversations last night revolved around Hip-Hop and rap music. We discussed and debated its past, present and future. In some cases we agreed to disagree, but at the end of the night after we shut Taco Max d-d-d-d-down we all shook hands like brothers. Hip-Hop would live to see another day in our minds.

Here’s the group of brothers who chopped it up…
Bla, bla, bla... read the rest on his page... this is my blog... His was good tho, actually go read it...


BUT THIS WHAT I HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE POST... I don't know if it was the computer i was on or the website, but the site wouldn't let me post any comments...

GREAT WORK BILLY, NEXT TIME IM GOING TO HAVE TO PULL UP A CHAIR AND CONVERSATE WITH EVERYONE... ITS GONNA BE YOU, ME, SHAWTY REDD, KILLER MIKE AND SOME OTHER BUM... LIKE A REAL BUM... THAT ONE THAT KNEW TI AS A YOUNG BOY IN THAT ALFAMEGA VIDEO WHERE THEY WAS TRYNA FIND IF TIP WAS FROM BANK HEAD... OR YOU CAN JUST COME DOWN TO HOUSTON AND WE CAN SET SOMETHING UP FOR YOU... WE HAVE THOSE DISCUSSION ALL DAY LONG, AND JUST ABOUT THE SAME PEOPLE SHOW UP... WAYNE, SOULJA BOY AND LUPE... PEOPLE LIKE THAT... BUT YOU GOTTA GET THAT FROM US... HIT ME UP ON MY BLOG AND WE COULD CHOP IT UP AS WELL... GHOSTDAHUSTLA.BLOG SPOT.COM AND THAT GOES FOR ANYONE...


but they wouldnt post that... Now talking about the talk they had... they had a few good points it seems, and a few interesting topics... I could only imagine from looking at what THE UNDERWRITER said in the comments... (drinks and all(even though I don't drink, or buy em... for me or a female...(No T-Pain, or T-Wayne over here)))...

Now on Soulja Boy being like Nas in 50 years... Soulja Boy has a better chance of being more of a Sugarhill Gang than a Nas. Nas is a super intellectual thug or in some cases, a SDN... regardless of what we think of Souljaboy, he is a trailblazer of a musical style and way of business similar to Sugarhill Gang or Slick Rick... In 50 years, yes... Souljaboy will be remembered with more respect than he has now... Yes, Souljaboy will spark many other musicaly entertaining artists and careers... No, we will not remember Mr. Yahhh Tellem.com as we do Nas... I won't allow it... Thats like remembering Young Joc as we do Biggie... or Mike Jones as we do Tupac... I like Joc, but come on... And then y'all saying Wayne aint the best alive... I don't think he is anymore, but I'm sure you have to with that statement... thats your forced opinion from me for that one... but I do feel your statement of Souljaboy's future... And then for Nas being the best rapper of our generation... maybe y'all feel that way for y'alls generation, but for mine... it is Lupe Fiasco (or atleast it will be after about 3 more albums (I wanna make him work a little more for it...))









-Ghost Da Hustla

1 comments:

Anonymous | July 28, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I see you over at XXL.com

Their site is effed the eff up sometimes with comments so don't take it personal.

Until Lupe DOES release those albums NaS is still the shining light for all generations.

Rappers don't get that spot automatically. They have to earn it. You already annointing Lupe like he has been through the fire and back.

Let's see Lupe have the career that NaS have made for himself and then yopu can shower him with praise.