Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tag... Who's It?



Ok so, at like 5:45 in the morning here in Houston, Texas, I was so happy that my lights were finally on that I was catching up on things I had missed online, such as emails and bla bla... Now I see this email from somebody and inside it I see it has the complete mixtape of this rapper Q... who I believe is supposed to be the new lead rapper of the new Tag Records label...

Now from what I heard, Jermaine runs that label. Now from what I heard, So So Def doesn't have to many great artists... and from what I heard... they should of picked someone else to run the label and find a lead artist....

To me, there is nothing that stands out about Q at all... I listened to that mixtape so hard in fast forward, you wouldn't believe.

Now dude kind of has a slight swag similar to Jay-Z the same way Mims does... well as a matter of fact... I think dude is Mims... Dude has a lyrical base, but there is nothing that stands out about him at all... Nothing to me... Dude sounds just like every other above average rapper, and to me that's not a good look...

Now if it was up to me, based on how they said the label was supposed to be the ultimate promotions and commercial scheme, I would of signed a next Nelly, Flo-Rida, Soulja Boy or atleast Chamillionaire. The label needs some one with a mass commercial appeal, and to me, Q is not it... I don't think I heard one regular single on the tape of like 10-8 songs. (Sounds like 3 tracks in fast forward.) What were they thinking? I'm going to have to go back and read what Tag Records is supposed to be all about...

The tape is called I Am Him... I don't know who him is supposed to be, (unless it's Mims) but he is definitely not him, at all... I think the tape should of been called "Tag: I Am It Vol. 1"...

Anyways, if you do come across the tape... Dj Envy gets annoying... Q needed a solid single... beat selection is pretty nice and comfortable... and he has features from Jermaine Dupri (Tell me why this nigga tryna sing on a hook like Akon... Wtf? Almost ain't bad, almost.), Bow Wow, Maino to name what I have seen... and I can see a few people actually digging dude and his style, but I thought he was supposed to be the commercial rapper dream. Or atleast promoting Tag a bunch. We gon definitely see though, cause he swag jacking Jay, Mims and Young Chris all at once...

I just want to know, who is Q? If anyone has some knowledge, send me an email, drop a comment... and if U leave a comment asking nicely, I might send you a copy of the tape.

-Ghost Da Hustla

0 comments: